Thursday, June 30, 2011

Time captured...

Morocco 2008



This picture reminds me of all the different ways we traveled through the country of Morocco. We took planes, trains, buses, chicken buses, boats, donkey carts, pick-up trucks, taxis, motorbikes, jeeps and of course your feet got you most places. In this photo we were making our weekly journey to the market to buy some groceries. We succeeded in fitting eight people and a baby in this cart contraption. A bumpy ride and 20 minutes later we arrived at the shook. Our sides hurt way more than our bums because we had just about laughed the whole way there. We had a saying, that if you didn't laugh you'd cry...so it was just better to laugh! I am thankful here all I have to do is walk about a half block to get my groceries but I am sad to say I don't laugh half as much as I did in Morocco. Good times. Oh and on the way back home that day, we took a horse and cart...crazy!






No comments:

Post a Comment