Tuesday, June 28, 2011

What makes a house a home...

Pillows....

Pillows are the little things in a home that we often take for granted. Both sleeping pillows and deco pillows. I remember during my time in Morocco there were some nights when we didn't have pillows. And let me tell you that sleeping on your arm is not a productive way to getting a good night's sleep. Boy, was I happy to finally have a big fluffy pillow to sleep on. Being in Germany we have pillows of course...but when we first moved in we only had our two sleeping pillows. Our coach looked so sad without any color or pillows to lay on. So I brought some of my pillows from the States and recently made this pretty orange one to add some spunk to the big white coaches. I think it's lovely...



Other things I would like to add to the list in a more practical way, ovens and dryers. 1) Ovens are amazing and you shouldn't take them for granted. 2) You see here in Germany it is still very popular to line dry your clothes. I don't really understand why since its pretty cold and rainy most of the year. Dryers are expensive to buy and to run, thus Paul and I also line dry our clothes. And since we have had two days of sunshine in the last month, I am trying my hardest to get all the laundry washed and dried before the rain comes. I think God is trying to really teach me to be thankful for even the little things in life...happy laundry day!


1 comment:

  1. Can I just say, "Wow." Do they ever even get completely dry? Reminds me of Ireland:))

    ReplyDelete