Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Typical...

Haha wow I am already off to a terrible start with this blog. I'm going to try to be better. Can't live in the past!

My baking adventure today was red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. One of Paul's favorites. And what kind of Southern girl would I be if this was not in my repertoire. I used an entire tube of red food dye but they still were not so red. Maybe they have different dye here in Germany. Oh well. They tasted good at least! Thank you Paula Deen.


My current project this week is making a video of the church here in Münster. Between the Waldrop's and us we have a million photos and clips that I must sort through and arrange in a cohesive manner. Chris will be showing this film in the churches he will be speaking in so its got to be good!

You know that there on some people on this planet that are ridiculously gifted it almost makes you mad. Well, my dear friend Melody is one of those people. She sings like an angel, plays piano like Mozart and draws like Da Vinci. Seriously, she is the most gifted person I know. My parents had Mel make up these portraits of us for our birthdays. This is a very old school thing to do which is why of course I love it! My grandparents had similar sketches done of them back in the day when they were newly married. And Mel did an amazing job! These pieces will be treasured in our family forever...


Tomorrow we leave for the Leadership Conference in Siegen. I am so excited to see my friends there and walk around all the old places from school. It is the place where I met my husband so I have a lot of really sweet memories. And hopefully a trip to Ikea as well! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment