Tuesday, May 24, 2011

What makes a house a home...

Tablecloths...

Something so simple yet why is it that table linens are so special. Growing up I always loved coming into the dinning room and finding a new tablecloth my mom had bought layed out. Or seeing my grandmother's strawberry printed one, freshly pressed ready to be used once again. I equally enjoyed pulling out our Christmas table linens, ironing them and spreading them out just before the special meal. I think I love tablecloths because I love what they symbolize. Family, food, conversation, time...home.

Last week while we were in Siegen I went to the thrift store there to browse their collection. I found this adorable white tablecloth with little white and yellow flowers embroidered all over it. So I bought it. It was only 3 euro but Paul's response when he came home and found this new bright beauty on the table was priceless, "Ahh". I love that feeling of home.









1 comment: