Friday, November 11, 2011

November...beginning and ending

I cannot believe it is already November! Thanksgiving is just around the corner and I am so excited for the holiday season to come!

It is already cold here in Germany...we have the heaters going and often drink a hot chai in the evenings to take the chills away. I love Fall. It is my favorite season at home. All the beautiful colors, the clear blue skies and crisp air that fills your lungs. It is the season I have missed the most in my travels...I haven't been home for an East Coast fall in five years! We have fall here in Germany, but its not the same. They have some color and air and some blue skies, but nothing comparable to the East Coast. Hopefully, next fall I can enjoy it since we will be home in Virginia.



Our time here in Germany is coming to an end. I am both happy and a little sad to say so. Happy to be finally going home, to my country, to my family and friends. But I will miss my friends here and the season of life that is closing. The past five years have been a crazy adventure, we have traveled to 17 different countries and lived in 5. We have made so many sweet friends and have had many laughs, tears and trials. The Lord has done so much...shown us so much about the world, about people and about Himself. I have no regrets and would not trade our experiences for anything. My perspective of life is so different than what it was at 18. I am so thankful for that. I can say I see the world with new eyes.

With all this said, we have been feeling a great desire to return to the USA. I believe that the Lord has given a new love for our country and understanding of what in it is. I believe that we will always travel, always have a desire for the nations. Right now though, God has given us a desire for our nation. Which is good, because our nation is broken, bleeding and needs Christ. It might be in a different way than Morroco, Israel or Germany. But the need is still there. Especially the youth. God has given such a heart for youth, for our generation. We want to put ourselves in a position were those gifts and that heart can bring the most glory to Him. We do not know what the Lord has planned, this in another huge step of faith but I know that it is good because He is in it.

Anyways...I am so happy it is almost time for the holidays. Food, friends, laughs...so ready for it! There is a lot to look forward to this holiday season. Thanksgiving coming up, a Christmas decorating party, weekend trip, and my friend Maureen is coming for Christmas! Which I am super excited about! Cannot wait to see her! And we might be ringing in the New Year in Berlin! Can you tell I excited for the Holidays?!













Shalom

No comments:

Post a Comment